My Fall Wreath...

I don't know about y'all, but (thanks to Pinterest) I have been seeing tons of pretty fall wreaths and after pricing a few ($$$!!!)  I decided making my own would be the way to go. Plus, who doesn't want to spend four hours on a Monday night wrapping yarn around a wreath? Yes, it's as fun as it sounds. (Not very.)

I got the stuff (flowers, leaves, yarn, wreath, and wooden letter) at Michaels. With a 50% off coupon, I got everything I used for about $12... but if I had only bought what I needed, I could have spent about $5 fewer. I wasn't sure about how much I wanted to put on it, so I had some flowers and leaves left over but I've added those to my teeny-tiny collection of craft supplies. =) I already had the red paint I used for the letter.



Getting started!



I'm sure there is some fancy crafter out there who could explain to you how to wrap the yarn without stopping (and having to tie knots all the way around the wreath.) But I am not that person, so when you find a good yarn-wrapping tutorial let me know!


The finished product! I used straight pins for the leaves and flowers and painted the M a pretty red (that $1 bottle of red paint has come in handy more times than I can count since I bought it!) And, you guys... I am a legit "crafty" person now... I actually bought a hot glue gun and used it without melting off a finger! Woohoo! 

I really love how it turned out... my favorite part is the mustard yarn. Mustard is my FAVORITE fall color and I had to scour the yarn section at Michaels (something I thought I'd EVER say, ha!) but finally found one lonely little ball of this color, which was all I needed. Hooray! I loved making this and it just makes me smile every time I see it on the door! If I can make a decent-looking wreath, anyone can! And this one was made for cheaper than even the simplest Walmart wreath, plus it's personalized. Try one for your own door! =)

Happy yarn-wrapping, hot glue-ing, and fall wreath-ing! 


Ash

P.S. I'm linking up with Janssen, Merrick, and Landen for their Halloween DIY posts! I know this isn't exactly Halloween exclusively, but it's fall, so close enough, right? =)

1 comment

  1. Fall and Halloween go hand in hand -- so you're good :)

    Love all the simple and cheap wreath ideas out there right now! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your comments. Just make sure I am able to do that by linking your email address to your profile! Thank you for stopping by!